Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert BRep Face to T-Spline issue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
AnnieBx
167 Views, 5 Replies

Convert BRep Face to T-Spline issue

I have been using this feature for a long time, and it has been working perfectly. 

After the last couple of updates I am getting very strange results when converting really simple BReps' to T-Splines. See attached screenshot. I have made a simple body using the slot function in model, straight up and down, nothing fancy.

When I try to convert the curved face from BRep to T-Spline, it inverts the curve of the BRep going the opposite way (Blue colour is the face that is there in the BRep and should turn into a T-Spline, however, as you can see the T-Spline surface goes the other way.

Any workarounds or hints?

Thank you

AnnieBx_0-1710654363012.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jeff_strater
in reply to: AnnieBx

I don't seem to have that problem.  Can you share the model where you see this?

Screenshot 2024-03-17 at 8.27.42 AM.png

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 6
AnnieBx
in reply to: jeff_strater

Hi Jeff,

Procedure:

1) Draw Slot
2) Extrude Slot
3) Surface - Create Form
4) Convert BRep to T-Spline
5) Select Curved part of Extruded body.

See result in model:

https://a360.co/3Prfe0q
Message 4 of 6
AnnieBx

Yes, that was what I have been seeing and expecting as well, for a long time. I have made a PDF to demonstrate step-by-step. Believe me, I have made many complex shapes using T-Splines in F360, and always been happy. I find any workaround or solution to this. Model is shared here: https://a360.co/3Prfe0q

AnnieBx_0-1710904899404.png

Message 5 of 6
AnnieBx

You are making a slot in a cube, which is not what I have been doing. I am making a slot to make a body shaped like the slot. As I said, I have been doing this many times to get a basic shape for T-Spline/Surface modelling.
Message 6 of 6
jeff_strater
in reply to: AnnieBx

ahhhh, thanks for that clarification.  Missed that.  Yes, that is a problem.  I created bug FUS-152528 for this issue.  Thank you for reporting it

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report