Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure is a forced toolbar we can't remove.... Really?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
littlebill2121
302 Views, 7 Replies

Configure is a forced toolbar we can't remove.... Really?

Guys really? a forced tool bar I can't remove unless on a paid license???? If you think this make me more inclined to purchase a license, it has the opposite affect.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

You can simply put it in a new features email.  Not impressed. 

Message 3 of 8
Phil.E
in reply to: littlebill2121

Sorry to hear this bothers you!

There is no option to remove toolbar panels, for either paid or free licenses. The inclusion of configurations tools in the free license is intended to let you know of a powerful new tool on the paid side that you otherwise might not realize is available. 

If the toolbar space is at a premium for you, the only advice I can give at this point is to drag one of the items in your screenshot out of the configuration area of the toolbar. There can be only 1 icon, but not zero.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 8
eehite
in reply to: Phil.E

I appreciate that Fusion is provided free to hobbyists. However, I'm a bit confused by this, as it bumps two constraints that I frequently use off of the toolbar to make room for what is essentially an advertisement. I second the motion that this ought to be something that can be disabled or moved to a submenu.

Message 5 of 8

I will pass along this feedback, @eehite. In the meantime, it is possible to configure toolbar panel visibility via Fusion's addon/scripting API should you wish to go that route.

Lance Carocci
Fusion 360 QA for UI Framework/Cloud Workflows, and fervent cat enthusiast
Message 6 of 8

is there a link on how to do this? ridiculous this is something we even need to do.
Message 7 of 8

There is documentation for API-based UI customization as a whole, but not this specific scenario. I will inquire if we can expose this within the UI or maybe provide some example code.

Lance Carocci
Fusion 360 QA for UI Framework/Cloud Workflows, and fervent cat enthusiast
Message 8 of 8
Phil.E
in reply to: eehite

Thanks for the feedback, I've passed it to the people who design these experiences. I'm just here helping users use Fusion and reporting bugs/issues back to development.

For the effort of "using Fusion" I'm curious if you ever tried using custom hot keys or the customizable Design Shortcuts?

Changing a keyboard shortcut, adding to toolbar, and pin to shortcuts:

PhilE_0-1710362760603.png

This is accessible by pressing the S key:

PhilE_1-1710362765727.png

Have you tried these methods? Was there anything you didn't like about it?

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums