Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Components disappearing after a hole feature, and not returning until the file is reopened.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jakob_graber
243 Views, 7 Replies

Components disappearing after a hole feature, and not returning until the file is reopened.

I used a sketch to create clearance holes in the first of two layers that need to be bound together, and then made that sketch visible again and used it to create the pilot holes in the second layer. When doing so, several of the holes reported that they were missing a target body, and when I checked the second layer multiple components had disappeared. Those components still exist in the timeline and are shown as visible, and the "Find in Window" command moves the viewpoint to where they were. Saving and re-opening the file brings those components back but leaves the hole errors for missing a target body, and if you edit the hole feature those components disappear again.

Before holes:

jakob_graber_0-1703191090249.png

After attempting to create holes:

jakob_graber_1-1703191166171.png

After editing the hole and then cancelling (not even saving the edit):

jakob_graber_2-1703191245545.png

As you can see all the components are still visible in the browser but these components continue to be invisible even if I roll back the timeline, and the only way for me to get them back is by closing and reopening the file.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Phil.E
in reply to: jakob_graber

Thanks for reporting this. I can see the issue.

Since I don't know what happened to create the problem, the only choice is to replace the last hole command, with the yellow warning on it. 

PhilE_0-1703272202640.png

1. Start by deleting the timeline node.
  2. Make the sketch visible again.
  3. Recreate the holes.

Does that help?

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
jakob_graber
in reply to: Phil.E

Deleting and replacing the hole tool does fix the issue, I just wasn't sure if there was something I was doing to cause it as this is the second time this has happened.

Message 4 of 8
Phil.E

Thanks. Sorry to hear that this continues to happen. 

If you can figure out what steps can recreate the issue, please let me know.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8
jakob_graber
in reply to: Phil.E

I have encountered this issue again on a different part of the same project, and I believe I have discovered part of the cause. In the exact same situation (two layers of material, the top one has a clearance hole and the bottom has a pilot hole both from the same sketch) the hole tool creates the errors and vanishes the component ONLY when using the "All" extents setting. When I set a numerical limit or use the "To" extent in feature creation, it works as intended. As well, if I select my extent before selecting hole points, selecting new points displays the correct preview for both Distance and To, but a much shallower hole preview is shown for All. If all holes are selected before the extent is changed, the preview is correct regardless.

Message 6 of 8
jakob_graber

For a little more context, before doing any of these operations I have isolated the two layer structure in the assembly.

Message 7 of 8
davebYYPCU

I have found the vanishing act can be fixed with Compute All.

Might help….

Message 8 of 8
Phil.E

Thanks for the additional details. I'm still working on a way to reproduce this in a blank new design. I think that Isolate might have something to do with it. 

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report