Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compenent 'explodes' when copying...

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
andrew.smithPWL2Q
54 Views, 1 Reply

Compenent 'explodes' when copying...

Hello,

This is something I stumble upon all the time, that is causing me quite some frustration. I have a component consisting of a number of subcomponents - I guess it is referred to as an assembly? - ... 

When I try to duplicate the component using the move tool and checking the 'create copy' box, everything seems fine right up to the moment where I hit 'ok' ... and then: Kablooey! some of the subcomponents are strewn about seemingly randomly.

I have this issue all the time and don't know what I'm doing wrong. The video shows an example of what I'm referring to:

I'm pretty sure that this is all my fault, but would like to know where I'm going wrong... 🙂

Best regards,
Andrew

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Not easy to diagnose without a sample design, but a couple of things to check for:

1. Do you get the same behavior if you just Copy/Paste the sub-assembly component involved?  In theory, Move with the Copy flag check should do the same thing, but worth checking.
  2. I notice that you have some un-captured component moves in this design.  If you Revert or Capture those moves, do you get different behavior?
    Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 11.28.46 AM.png
  3. Is this sub-assembly component fully self-connected with Joints?  That is, you are using rigid or other joint types to position the components in this sub-assembly, as opposed to using Move or Align (which do not capture associative relationships between component geometries).  Jointed assemblies will always behave better than those without Joints.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report