Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining two bodies doesn't combine

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
nathanautodeskNKHEC
11106 Views, 4 Replies

Combining two bodies doesn't combine

I've been using fusion 360 for a couple of weeks, so forgive me if I'm missing something obvious.

I have two bodies that I'm trying to join. I've used the combine object to join 3 other sets of similar bodies with no issues, however a fourth set of 2 bodies just refuses to combine. To demonstrate I've made a quick screencast.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

@nathanautodeskNKHEC, are you certain that the two bodies overlap or at least touch?  This is required for Combine to successfully combine two bodies.  If you share your design here, we'll take a quick look.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 5

Yes they definitely touch. The parts that aren't combining are copies of other parts that did combine fine.

I'm not sure how to share my design.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5

I decided to try moving the two bodies 0.01mm closer together, and they combine successfully now.

It makes no sense, given that it's a copy of a pair of bodies that combined just fine, but I will consider the issue closed. Thanks for your help!

Message 5 of 5

Hello friend of the past,  i was getting the same problem between a thickened surface and a sweep body.
After moving one of them of 0.01mm it now combine. Thank for the tips.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums