Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing just edges...Am I crazy?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
340 Views, 4 Replies

Choosing just edges...Am I crazy?

I was working in a model and can choose anything by window selection but just want to choose edges. Yes, I turned everything off but "body edges" and when I do a window, it doesn't. Just TO BE SURE, I changed it to just Body FACES and it works, so I know how to do it. Try it, please! I just made a box in a totally new file. I can choose the edges one at a time, but can't with a window selection. But it works with faces. And I also understand the dragging left to right and vice versa concept. Very maddening!

Thanks for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jeff_strater
in reply to: Anonymous

you are not crazy.  Window selection of edges and vertices are off in the default selection command.  This was done for performance reasons - selecting thousands of edges would be very slow.  Commands that require edge selection (for example Fillet), do allow window selection.

There is a project going on now to allow window select in the default select command when only the edge filter is on (the exact workflow that you describe here).  This will come out in a future update.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff_strater

I understand if I was in the default selection; however, I chose just body edges with select through and it doesn't let me select edges unless I choose them individually. But, if I choose just body faces, the faces select correctly.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff_strater

https://youtu.be/IC9Yv8hOync

Above is a video of me trying this and showing what I have selected.

Thank you.

Message 5 of 5
jeff_strater
in reply to: Anonymous

right.  That is exactly what I said:  In the Select command, no matter what the selection filter is set to, window select will not select either edges or vertices.  However, if you are in a command that requires edge selections (e.g. fillet) you can do a window select within the command.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report