Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chamfer Tool Not Working Symmetrically

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
glencandle
187 Views, 2 Replies

Chamfer Tool Not Working Symmetrically

I'm having an issue with the Chamfer tool in Fusion 360. When using "Two Distance" chamfers on two opposite edges along the X-axis, the chamfers move in opposite directions.

I modeled my design sideways and then had to rotate it to align it with the world axis, and I suspect this might be causing the problem. 

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

glencandle_0-1718437684388.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhackney1972
in reply to: glencandle

In the same Chamfer dialog box, choose the two edges to be chamfered separately using the "+" icon.  You can then enter the values as needed,  I do not think you will find a way to do it on one line as these are completely different edges.

Chamfer Option.jpg

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
glencandle
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thanks for weighing in John.

They are selected separately. The two lines are selected in pairs across the x axis (in other word, the red line is a pair and the yellow line is a pair). Normal behavior, in my experience, manipulates them symmetrically across the axis.  But for some reason my case it isn't, it is flipping the values on the y-axis across the x-axis.

Also note that I’ve tried to just do the chamfer on one edge and then mirror the feature and I get an error.  There is definitely some kind of issue with my model but I don’t know what.

Cheers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report