Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open design, update required

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pciganik
303 Views, 1 Reply

Cannot open design, update required

Hi I tried open Fusion 360 project on my old company computer, because I needed to make some small changes in the model  but got error message:

Cannot create a new drawing from XXX in this version of Fusion (2.0.15509), because it was last saved in a newer version (2.0.15995). Restart Fusion 360 to update to the last version, then try to create a new drawing from the design again.

Problem is, that I am not able to update on newer version because I have old version of operational system and newer computer have in different locality.  Anyway I am surprise that I am not able to open project only due to change in the minor version and model is not back compatible. It looks like Autodesk force me to upgrade on newer version of operational system. Can you suggest me how I can open a project without access to other computer? 

Thank you and regards,

Peter Cigánik

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

@pciganik @Every major update we bring also brings in schema changes. This means that once saved in a new schema you cannot open this in a version that is older schema. This has been how atleast CAD files work for a long time. 

The only option is to use a newer version of Fusion to open this file. On this version you can use Fusion team and export the data to another file format and then import it back into this version but then a lot of other things like parametric modeling might be lost depending on which format you export to. 

Opening it on a new version is what is recommended. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report