Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create tool body for loft issue.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jaspebak
116 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot create tool body for loft issue.

I'm going to preface this by saying tat I'm not sure if I am using the correct tool here, but I'm trying to merge from the rectangle face to the cylinder and am unable to do so.

jaspebak_0-1700607017915.png

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jaspebak
in reply to: jaspebak

I'm thinking maybe it's because it's a solid object? Should I just go back and attach the circle to a plane and translate that out, to then loft it?

Message 3 of 4
jeff_strater
in reply to: jaspebak

you are using the right tool, but the way that you have this set up is incorrect.  You are close here:  "Should I just go back and attach the circle to a plane and translate that out, to then loft it?"  Then, you can loft from the rectangular face to a sketched circle:

Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 3.54.57 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-11-21 at 3.55.46 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-11-21 at 3.56.03 PM.png

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 4
jaspebak
in reply to: jeff_strater

Just figured it out as you replied too, I really just had a hard time figuring out how to translate the sketch. I really ought to learn from a tutorial vs winging it. Thanks so much for the answer anyways!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums