Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create Tangent Relationship due to multifaced surface

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
wallyanalogtools
242 Views, 6 Replies

Cannot create Tangent Relationship due to multifaced surface

Hi,

I have successfully used Tangent Relationship in the past to show how a stylus interacts for an animation with a sinewave-type like surface. That surface was extruded from a single sinewave line in sketch. I now need to make a more complex (read: distorted) sinewave and can only do this by linking multiple curves and lines together to form the line/curve segment that can then be extruded into a body or surface to interact with my stylus body in an animation. Unfortunately, the face of the body is multi-faced because of the many line/curve segments that created this. As a result, I cannot get a tangential relationship to form between the stylus and ALL of the faces of the body.  How to make the body from a single, continuous face rather than many faces? Thank you for any help you can provide. See attached photos

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

Please share the file.

File > export > save as f3d on local drive  > attach it to the post

günther

Message 3 of 7

Here you go! Thank you.

Message 4 of 7

See if the attached model, Body 24, will fit your requirements.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 7

That looks great. Thank you! How did you do that?

Message 6 of 7

That looks great. Thank you! How did you do that?

Message 7 of 7

The process I used is outlined in this Blog Article and Video.  The sketch I started with was a projected sketch from your model profile.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report