Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't unfold / refold in sheet metal

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
cardy-
109 Views, 3 Replies

Can't unfold / refold in sheet metal

Hi!

I'm trying to design a very simple half tube like sheet metal part. This part needs to have cutouts at certain points. If I modify the Flat pattern, changes doesn't update the model. I've found out that this is normal behavior, and I need to unfold the bend, make changes and refold, instead of using the flat pattern to make changes. Here comes the problem, I can't pick any part of this simple half tube, because there are essentially no bends in it, this is just a half tube created as a flange from a half circle on a sketch... I would like to do something like you see on the flat, but then when I fold it back to be visible, what do you recommend? Thanks!

cardy_0-1697036819793.png

cardy_1-1697036860105.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: cardy-

@cardy- 

Add a microscopic flat.

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Message 3 of 4

Hi,

1. add a small extrude

2. Unfold instead Flat Pattern

3. create cut profiles

4. Extrude Cut 

5. Refold

6. Flat Pattern

günther

Message 4 of 4
cardy-
in reply to: g-andresen

Hi!

Thanks for the fast answer, I could only try it out now. Well I have to say, I'm not particularly happy, that this is the only solution to the problem, but it did work great!

Regards!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report