Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't type into "TEXT COMMANDS" window

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
TheWebExpert
1385 Views, 9 Replies

Can't type into "TEXT COMMANDS" window

There are fonts I can't see on the font list that I need; the directions I've found say to type "Sketch.TextWritingSystem /any" into the text commands window .... but I can't type anything at all into that window.  Can anyone help?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jhackney1972
in reply to: TheWebExpert

You did not say what operation system you are using, but in Windows, the font you are trying to use must exist in the Fonts folder.  You can see available fonts from the Control Panel.  Of course you can download and add fonts as needed.

Fonts Folder.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 10
TheWebExpert
in reply to: jhackney1972

I am using Windows 10.  The font is in my Fonts folder, and is available for every program EXCEPT for Fusion 360.  The recommended fix for this, as I said, is to type a command into the Text Command window - except that I can't do that; it won't let me type.

That's what I'm needing help with.

Message 4 of 10
jeff_strater

oh...  you are talking about this window:

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 5.08.00 PM.png

What command are you trying to type in there?  This is not really a main part of the Fusion UI.  It is not like the command prompt in AutoCAD, for instance.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 5 of 10
TheWebExpert
in reply to: jeff_strater

I'm trying to type "Sketch.TextWritingSystem /any;" this is SUPPOSED to be the fix that will allow ALL the installed fonts to show in the font list inside F360.  The font I'm looking for is a standard .TTF font, installed in the Windows/Fonts folder, and available to ALL Windows programs EXCEPT for F360.

Message 6 of 10
Phil.E

Hi,

Can you make a screencast of what you are finding? I tried the workflow and it seems to work well.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 10
TheWebExpert
in reply to: Phil.E

Fusion.png

Many thanks for your video.  You've identified my problem:  I was trying to type into the wrong area.  I saw the big, blank space and assumed that THAT was where you typed - and got nowhere.  I didn't even see the small space underneath.  Thanks!

Message 8 of 10
Phil.E

I can totally understand. It is inviting! Glad to help. And please do let me know if this solves your original font question.

If you feel my post solved the issue please mark as solved to benefit other readers.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 10
rokenbuzz

I just encountered this exact problem. I now see the textbox to type in even says "Type Text Commands Here" but I my brain was thinking this was a message below the box to type in. I guess that's on me but maybe it could be made even more clear.
Ugh.

Message 10 of 10
VishalCDSpace
in reply to: Phil.E

This solved me issue too. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report