Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't select planes to create fold-function. Body turns translucent. What am I doing wrong?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
NVNDO
272 Views, 6 Replies

Can't select planes to create fold-function. Body turns translucent. What am I doing wrong?

Hi everyone,

So probably a week ago I discovered (thx to this community) the fold/unfold function, but now it doesn't work.

I created the same body, just a little taller and wanted to create the same unfold/fold function so I can print it, but when going to unfold, the body turns translucent and I can't select any plane...

NVNDO_1-1684238860469.png

As you can see in the timeline I followed the exact same steps like before... Anyone any idea...?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jhackney1972
in reply to: NVNDO

Please attach your problem model.

Edit: It is probably due to the double bend.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 7
NVNDO
in reply to: jhackney1972

Hey John, 

sorry for the late reply, here's my project-file. I have tried everything I know, but still couldn't figure out why its not doing the fold a second time. 

Thank you so much in advance.. 😎

Message 4 of 7
mihail.hornea

Looking around in your file, i noticed that you have 2 initialised sheet metal projects in the same File. What can be done is if you start with the sheet metal and then go forward. 

Message 5 of 7
NVNDO
in reply to: mihail.hornea

Hey Mihail,

thx for redoing the sketch, but I would have rather known why I can't do a second unfold in my existing file?

Or what I have to do to, or to watch out for... I don't think that only one fold/unfold function is allowed for each design...that would be somewhat silly.

Message 6 of 7
jhackney1972

Sorry I am so late in responding.  The connection strap between the upper and lower bodies needs to be converted to sheet metal then you can use any flat area, of this strap, to unfold the model.  Model is attached.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 7 of 7
NVNDO
in reply to: jhackney1972

OMG... I can't believe the solution was that easy.
I was just about to shut down the PC when your answer dropped in and besides it being 1:30am in the morning I reopened F360 straight away and tried it out.

It works like a charm... Thank you sooo much! 😎
For now its bedtime, but tomorrow I will finally be able to complete my current project, yuhuuu!! 😄

You're the best John!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report