Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't select bodies with Nifty Dogbone Feature

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
nolimitsplastic
257 Views, 7 Replies

Can't select bodies with Nifty Dogbone Feature

Hey guys,

I imported a dxf from a client and extruded it to the proper thickness and now I just want to add dogbone where needed and it will only let me select the bodies that do not have holes in them.

I assume it is something super simple but I am not seeing it.

Thank you,

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Please attach your model so the Forum users can investigate.  If you do not know how to attach your model, open in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save to your hard drive.  Attach the file to a reply post using the Attachment section.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 8

Sorry about that! Here you go.

Message 4 of 8

All of the Bodies have holes or slots in them.  I have not issues selecting any of the bodies or creating a sketch on the surface of them.  The only thing I can think of is your Selection Filters are not set correctly.

selection filters.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 5 of 8

I can select them just fine in my normal workspace. It is when I try to use Nifty Dogbone on them, the ones with holes in the middle will not select.

Message 6 of 8

I am not sure what your “dogbone feature is”?  Please clarify.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 7 of 8

I have an add in called "nifty dogbone" and it allows you to add dogbones to parts just by clicking on the body. 

Message 8 of 8

Since I do not have this add-in, I will not be able to give you any further help.  Good Luck.

John Hackney
Retired

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report