Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get Workplane Icon in Lesson 1: Basics of tSplines

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
334 Views, 5 Replies

Can't get Workplane Icon in Lesson 1: Basics of tSplines

Am wondering is there like a forum for stupid total beginners 'cause I'm already feeling like a bother!

Am going through tutorial Lesson 1: Basics of tSplines and am on 3:03 mins

of http://f360ap.autodesk.com/courses/conceptual-modeling-fundamentals/lessons/lesson-1-basics-of-tspli...

I've enclosed a screenshot. 

I can t get the workplane icon in the center of the browser on top of the saw (right side of the screenshot is my Fusion 360 app and left side is the video screenshot on my 2nd screen).

Anyone know how I can get it to show?

Thanks

Ken

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

From your screen capture, all you have forgotten to do is select the command.  In Fusion 360, when you select any command that starts out with a required sketch the model origin planes will appear.  I recorded a screencast showing this process and below is a static shot.  If you had selected the command I would be seeing the "Cylinder" command dialog, which I do not.

Also, never be afraid to ask, that what the forum is all about, helping those that are stuck or those the program is not behaving for.

Selecting Command.jpg  Command Dialog Box and Origin Planes.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

It sure did.  Thank you.  Now I've got a new issue with moving the cylinder around like in the rest of the video tutorial but also I don t seem to have full control over the zoom in/out (these I do), pan (I do), but grabing the objects themselves, I m still not getting it.  Trying right click + Shift or Ctrl etc.  But I'm going to search or put up a new post.

Ken

Message 4 of 6
jhackney1972

I know you did not ask for it but I wanted to take a couple of minutes and point out the zoom, pan and orbit tools available to you in Fusion 360.  I am a user of Inventor so I set my Preferences to Inventor and that is what I demonstrated in the screencast.  The other choices are not much different except the different mouse buttons and key combinations that you press.

I hope this helps you in your learning.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

Hi

So I'd found the "Navigating the Canvas" guide and finally got all the mouse functions down.

Now what I m stuck on is I can't grab my cylinder form and move it down like in the video at 4:00

https://f360ap.autodesk.com/courses/conceptual-modeling-fundamentals/lessons/lesson-1-basics-of-tspl...

In the screenshot I m on the left and video is on right.  

I'm able to extrude the cylinder and rotate it and all but somehow am now stuck on moving the form.

BTW, I don t want to be presumptuous.

I  searched for move form or relocate form.  I'm sure it s **** simple but...am a beginner.  BTW, what does inventor do?  I m looking to model some desk frames and have'em 3D printed.  Inventor must be for mechanical engineering...

Message 6 of 6
jhackney1972

By the way, you have selected one of the harder environments of Fusion 360 to learn.  Primitive surface modeling will always be one of the harder methods of modeling because it is "free form".  I had to work "off line" in Fusion 360 because the application cloud server is having difficulties but I am using basically the same form as the video.  The trick is to understand the manipulation icons and their function.  I try to emphasis these in the screencast.  By the way, you need to start using Autodesk Screencast to show you issues.  It will get better responses and help others visualize you issues better.  It was install along with Fusion 360, give it a try. 

You asked what Inventor is.  This is Autodesk's top of the line 3D modeling tool mostly used in mechanical manufacturing production.  It is a very complex application but at the same time is easy to learn and use because it reacts to the same process that you would create and build parts and assemblies in real life.  Fusion 360 is moving to be very similar to Inventor but it is a very "young" application and Inventor has been around for many years.  I invite you to visit the Autodesk Inventor website and take a look at what Inventor can do.

John Hackney
Retired

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report