Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change hotkey for construction line?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
3dprintedprojects
1139 Views, 7 Replies

Can't change hotkey for construction line?

Hello,

I'm trying to change my hotkeys to match OnShape (since that's where i'm coming from) and changed X to another function.  Now I can't find out how to create a new hotkey for construction lines.  When right clicking on a line then mousing over to construction there are no "three dots" to get into the menu to change the hotkey.  Is there a trick here? 

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

The "X" key is already assigned to the construction line modifier.  While in a sketch, press the "X" key before using a entity sketch function.  Once you start, say a line, it does not work.  Press it before picking your first point.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 8

Sorry, what I'm trying to say is I rebound X to another purpose.  Now I have no hotkey for construction.  I want to know how to re-assign it to something else. "q" for example.

Message 4 of 8

This is not possible.  I suggest you reverse your assignments, leave "X" for construction lines and assign "Q" to the other command.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 5 of 8

I see.  How can I revert the keybinds? 

Thanks

Message 6 of 8

Select the command you want to remove the key assignment, go to the same dialog where you set the current key assignment, and then select the "Reset to default" icon at the bottom of the Change Keyboard Shortcut.

Revert Key Assignment.jpg

John Hackney
Retired

Message 7 of 8

I accidentally set my construction hotkey to something else and can't revert! Do I need to reinstall Fusion?

Message 8 of 8

I would use the Fusion 360 Service Utility and select the Repair Option.  This should return Fusion 360 to it installed state.

John Hackney
Retired

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums