Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not insert any of my DXF files since latest update

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
rsmith81K6MEG
245 Views, 8 Replies

Can not insert any of my DXF files since latest update

Every since the last update I can't insert DXF files anymore. This includes all the DXF that I have generated with Fusion 360. Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Ryan

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Please attach a couple of these problem DXF files and let the Forum users take a look.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 9

It has been an hour since I requested a couple of your troublesome DXF files, can you not share them?  You make a claim that Fusion 360 cannot open them but we have nothing to go on to help you out.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 4 of 9

Sorry, I got busy. Here are 2 examples. The second one the Goodemoot Monogram I just made in Fusion and I can't even reinsert it now.

Thanks

Message 5 of 9

I am running the latest version of Fusion 360 and I have not issues opening your supplied DXF files.  I assume you are using  the Insert DXF command?  If you are and still having issues I would suspect you have Fusion 360 installation issues and probably should take a look at the Fusion 360 Service Utility.

Insert DXF.jpgDXF 2.jpgDXF 1.jpg

John Hackney
Retired

Message 6 of 9

One thing just crossed my mind, I installed the windows DXF viewer also. Any chance that could cause an issue? 

Message 7 of 9

I have no idea since I do not know what the application is.  If I were you, I would use Autodesk TrueView for DXF viewing.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 8 of 9

@rsmith81K6MEG What happens when you try inserting a DXF? Do you get any error messages?

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 9

Yes, I get an error message “Fails to insert this DXF file” when you click on the message there isn’t any detail of why it failed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report