Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculate Drawing Weight

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
chrisd7938J
104 Views, 4 Replies

Calculate Drawing Weight

I have an assembly, which consists of three parts (A - B - C) the total weight of the assembly is 737 LBS. If I create individual part drawings, the weight is correct for the part. However if I create a drawing with two of the three parts (E.G. part A - C) Fusion calculates the weight for the whole assembly (737 LBS), instead of the weight for only the two parts. Is there a way to calculate the weight for only the two part?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: chrisd7938J

I assume you are using Components in your assembly.  If so,  you can Suppress the Components you desired to subtract the weight from the assembly.  If you have a Subscription or Educational license, this can be done using Configurations.  If not, you can select the component in your timeline, right click and suppress the feature.  Depending on your timeline structure, this may also suppress other features.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 5
chrisd7938J
in reply to: jhackney1972

Hi John, Thanks for the reply

I had a quick look at configurations, but in seems to come with other challenges, in terms if updating, and adding new configurations to an existing drawing. I think I will continue looking for a work around.

Message 4 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: chrisd7938J

If you do not want to use Configurations, use the other method I suggested, simply Suppression of the component in the timeline.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 5
chrisd7938J
in reply to: jhackney1972

Hi John

Thanks again. Suppressing parts in the timeline seamed to have work for this assembly and it wasn't too painfull of a work around for this small assembly. Would be nice if fusion would calculate the weight base on the unsuppressed parts in the drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report