Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug using Shell on lofted pipe.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
HughesTooling
146 Views, 2 Replies

Bug using Shell on lofted pipe.

Tring to help someone create a tapered helical pipe. Shell would have been the simplest option but creates a bad body.  File's attached.

HughesTooling_0-1686134411348.png

I can workaround this using 2 lofts, just reporting the bug in this post. I suspect part of the problem is because the loft twists as it follows the path. Sweep has an option to use a guide rail to stop this, is there any way to do the same with loft? Creating 2 paths is not going to be easy for the part as the profile changes diameter.

Thanks Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
amaglim
in reply to: HughesTooling

After some analysis I have found it is only a visualization problem. The model is correct. For example a section of the model produce a correct result:

amaglim_0-1686911242289.png

Your solution to split the body looks good.

Message 3 of 3
HughesTooling
in reply to: amaglim

@amaglim Thanks for looking at this. After your answer I thought I'd try adjusting the Display Detail Control and set it to High rather than adaptive and that fixed the display of the part.

HughesTooling_0-1686913884102.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report