Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug report: Automatic Contacts not working in Simulation workspace

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
weasdown
880 Views, 2 Replies

Bug report: Automatic Contacts not working in Simulation workspace

I am trying to set up some thermal simulations in Fusion, one of which is to follow a tutorial on the Design Academy. However, for either model, when I try to apply Automatic Contacts, the progress bar does not appear and the contacts aren't generated (as shown in the contacts manager). I'm on Windows 10 Home version 1903 (May 2019 Update). I've attached the pipe model I'm using.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
henderh
in reply to: weasdown

Hi @weasdown ,

It appears we broke automatic contacts for Thermal studies.  It's logged now as FUS-51865 and forwarded on to Development to be fixed ASAP.

Until we can address it:
Solve the study (locally or on the cloud).  The solver will add the missing contacts.

If you need to have the contacts appear in the Contacts Manager before solving:
1. Change the study type via the Study Settings to Thermal Stress
2. Generate the automatic contacts
3. Change the study type back to Thermal
Or you can create manual contacts in the Thermal study.

Many thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we apologize for the inconvenience this is causing.

Best regards,

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 3 of 3
weasdown
in reply to: henderh

Thanks for letting me know it's being looked into and for the workaround. It's always impressive how responsive Autodesk is too!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report