Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug Report? (Am I going crazy??) - Has ORTHOGRAPHIC become "Reverse Perspective", and Perspective become ORTHOGRAPHIC ?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
OceanHydroAU
49 Views, 0 Replies

Bug Report? (Am I going crazy??) - Has ORTHOGRAPHIC become "Reverse Perspective", and Perspective become ORTHOGRAPHIC ?

So I've not used Fusion360 for a few months - opened it today and did an update - and... is my brain playing tricks on me??

Let me define some terms, because they all have 2 meanings now.

1. ORTHOGRAPHIC (all caps) - This is what I learned at school - it's when a drawing is rendered in such a way so that all lines parallel to other lines and the same length, visually appear to be the same length - changing the direction you look at things does not change the relative sizes of same-lengthed parallel things.

2. Orthographic (NOT in caps) - This is one of the view modes that my current Fusion360 offers me.

3. PERSPECTIVE (all caps) - This is what things look like in real life - the further away they are, the smaller they appear.

4. Perspective (NOT in caps) - this is another fusion360 view mode.

5. "Reverse Perspective" - This is what PERSPECTIVE would look like, if you screwed up reality and made things look *bigger* as they get further away from you (no idea why you'd do that, but hey...)

SO - Looking around my design (without changing any settings) thismorning, I thought I remembered all my views as always being ORTHOGRAPHIC, but today, they all seem to be "Reverse Perspective" ?

See my video:-

https://youtu.be/ALPAxieBhz4

This seems wrong to me? Am I going crazy? The PERSPECTIVE I am seeing (which I never remember seeing before) looks backwards - aka - "Reverse Perspective"?  Isn't the "far away" part supposed to be smaller, and the "close to you" part larger - you know - like real-life?

Also - when I select Perspective view - I think it gives me an ORTHOGRAPHIC one, and when I select "Orthographic", I get that mixed-up "Reverse Perspective" view instead?

I'm using the latest Fusion360 update, installed today 2023-10-21...

Is that a bug?

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report