Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bug: many decimal places obstruct measurement in sketch

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rangorino
70 Views, 2 Replies

bug: many decimal places obstruct measurement in sketch

As the title suggests: 

if you have many decimal places on, when you draw a sketch line, the interface shows all decimal places while drawing. The measurement input does not scale to allow this, so you can't read the measurement. In my case I have a precision of 0,123456

Why do i need such precision?

I don't. But I need it to work around the fact that component masses (still) can't be overwritten/hard coded.

Since the volume measurement are in kg/mm3, the values quickly become 0,000xyz, and if you set the precision to less than the amount of digits in a physical material, there's a big rounding error.

screenshot Fusion 360 05-10-2023 2.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
g-andresen
in reply to: rangorino

Hi,

use scientific notation

scientific notation_.png

günther

Message 3 of 3
rangorino
in reply to: rangorino

Hi @g-andresen 

That does not work, because the values in question are not within the brackets of the scientific notation settings. This isssue shows if you draw a line in a sketch, that is for example 11,12352154321421 mm. Since this number is not above 99.999,99999, and 0,01.

And if I lower the precision, using scientific notation in the material density is unfortunately cut off at the precision setting – so even though i put in 1,061325123e-3, fusion will snap to the set precision.

Besides that, if it worked it would be a workaround, not a solution.

Better (in my opininion) behaviour would probably be that the sketch environment is visually constrained/snapped to e.g. 2 decimals, and only if you add more decimals would it show.

screenshot Fusion 360 09-10-2023 2.pngscreenshot Fusion 360 09-10-2023 4.pngscreenshot Fusion 360 09-10-2023.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report