Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best DXF export setting from Rhino 7 to F360

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dustinfelipejohn
120 Views, 2 Replies

Best DXF export setting from Rhino 7 to F360

Hi,

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this question but I'm mainly using F360 as a CAM controller and drawing using F360.  My usual workflow is to create separate sketches as different layers in Rhino 7 and import a DXF to Fusion 360 several times selecting each layer needed each time to create different sketches, ie. one layer for a 2D Contour (which will be the profiles to extrude into bodies) and one layer for a Trace toolpath where all sketch profiles will be selected as the Geometry for a Trace toolpath.

Given that Rhino has multiple DXF settings, sometimes the linework is a very simple import that isn't bogged down and crashes the program and sometimes it will be impossible to find the right Export settings to import smoothly.  It seems to correlate to the file size exported but I find it pretty surprising that a DXF file that is at most 2 megabytes will crash the program.  

Basically I'm asking which DXF Export scheme works best for import into Fusion and "best" meaning which doesn't crash because of its size and complexity?   I've attached a screenshot of what the artwork is, and one of the dialogue box that shows the different schemes.

Greatly appreciate the help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

These are the settings I've found work well. Explode polycurves and split at kinks help with importing polycurves and avoid using simplify lines and arcs.

Capture.PNG

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Got to ask but for your simple example why not draw in Fusion? I'd recommended you practice doing the easier stuff in Fusion for practice.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report