Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bend a solid object

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
itszakkayyy
156 Views, 3 Replies

Bend a solid object

I have a somewhat complex solid body that I want to bend. I figured that projecting it onto the surface would be easiest but I'm not really sure how. Basically I just need to bend the whole object. Is there any way to do this?

I think another way of imagining it is to wrap the whole object around a cylinder. That is kind of what I want to achieve.

itszakkayyy_0-1698343615775.pngitszakkayyy_1-1698343627944.png

itszakkayyy_0-1698344014580.png

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: itszakkayyy

Take a look at this Blog Article and Video.  Also please attach your model if you would like to have direct help from the Forum.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4
jhackney1972

Here is another Blog Article and Video on the process of bending and flattening a solid object.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 4 of 4
jhackney1972

How did the bending of your model go?  If you have trouble, please attach it so I can give it a try.  If my Forum post solved your question, please select the "Accept Solution" icon to do three things. First it allows others to find a solution to a similar question, two, it closes the Forum post and last, it acknowledges that you accept the solution given. If you need further help, please ask. If you like to read why "Accept Solutions are important, take a look at this webpage.

John Hackney
Retired

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums