Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ball bearing casing - joints and motion study

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rprovideo
155 Views, 2 Replies

ball bearing casing - joints and motion study

Hi

I would normally go and spend a few days to learn how joints and motion works, but I dont have the time right now, and just want this to work. I have a ball bearing casing that needs to move horizontally on a track. (and onto another part of a track). Ideally, the balls would fall out if the design is bad. How do I add joints to do this? thanks.

any help is appreciated

Balazs

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhackney1972
in reply to: rprovideo

Attached in your model.  I did not know the extreme movements of each carriage but I guessed at some reasonable values.  You can adjust the Joint Limits as required.  You are "asking a lot" if you think you are going to add joints to the ball bearings and animate them.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 3
rprovideo
in reply to: rprovideo

Thank you, John. I understand the limitation of the ball joints. The point of animating the motion was to find out if the space for the balls is enough for them to go around, in recirculating ball bearing style. Can fusion tell me this? I actualy think it should be ok, but its nice to be sure. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report