Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-insert Dimensions onto drawing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Michael_3Dtech
2596 Views, 6 Replies

Auto-insert Dimensions onto drawing

This thread is old. Perhaps you've added a button to auto-insert dimensions onto drawings...I'm only allowed to use F360, not inventor or true view.  I need it inside F360 to get printable sheets of actionable dimensioning for manual machining and checking parts, because, I'm doing it manually for a bunch of one-offs and I always miss something.

Best reference thread:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-design-validate/there-should-be-an-auto-2d-drawing-dimensi...

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Fusion 360 does not have an Auto-Dimension feature in its Drawing environment.  If you have trouble leaving off dimensions, I suggest, when you finish the drawing, put it down and a while later pick it up and ask yourself "Can I make this part from the information on this drawing?"

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 7
buckfeero
in reply to: jhackney1972

Seems like a rude response to a question a lot of people are asking. A simple "we're working on it" or "we won't be adding this function to Fusion 360" is probably more productive than criticizing human error.

So, made any progress on this?
Message 4 of 7
g-andresen
in reply to: buckfeero

Hi,

Please note that @jhackney1972 like myself and many others, are not employees of Autodesk and therefore cannot make the statements you might expect.
Even if we were, you should endeavour to use appropriate words.

günther

Message 5 of 7
buckfeero
in reply to: g-andresen

@g-andresen Are you able to answer the question or are you also here just to criticize?  However you perceive tone, it seems you too are unable to effectively answer this inquiry without continuing the thread of insults.

Message 6 of 7
genepaton
in reply to: buckfeero

I'm with you, what a stupid response to a genuine question.

Message 7 of 7
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: genepaton

@genepaton

Can you File>Export your *.f3d or *.f3z file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report