Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any idea why my files became so large?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
johnnysnowball
96 Views, 3 Replies

Any idea why my files became so large?

Recently had trouble uploading some files online due to zip file size. On looking, a small STL that would previously have been about 500KB is now 2800KB.

I have changed no settings and always save as High quality Binary STL.

I opened an older model, and saved a part that used to be 1700KB, and that still saves as 1700KB, so it seems that it is something in the modelling rather than the saving? I have older models far more complicated than my current model that are a quarter of the overall file size. Any ideas? I have altered no settings at my end. just carrying on as usual.

I have a zip folder for a huge, complicated model that is 2.8MB, and this simple model I just made with only a dozen basic STL parts, is 50MB.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

To clarify, a similar STL object that was 11MB compared to a piece now 28'000MB

Message 3 of 4

@johnnysnowball 

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Why stl rather than *.f3d?

Show examples.

Message 4 of 4

I only need STL for 3D printing. All I make are 3D printables. I save each individual part of a model for printing and assembly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums