Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow export of bodies that are not visible

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Julie_7
119 Views, 2 Replies

Allow export of bodies that are not visible

Given that even in the UI it is possible to use bodies not currently visible as parameters to commands, such as combine by selecting them in the browser, it should also be possible to use them in export commands from both the API and the UI.

Currently, the API will succeed if a body that is visible is exported using the export manager. There will be no errors, but the file created will not have the body in it (at least for STL).

When an attempt in the UI to export a non-visible body, it will fail with an error report.

1. currently there is a bug in the API, because it appears to succeed and writes a file that does not contain the body used for the export command.

2. it should be possible to export selected items regardless of visibility as that it a UI/workspace property and should have nothing to do with use of the body in any operation. I would call this a bug also, but you may consider it a feature request.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Julie_7

There are two plugins that allow more flexibility in exporting stuff from Fusion 360.

3D Print Plus & 3D Print Pro

Export-It (exports entire projects in various formats)

Forum tread discussing the plugin

Peter Doering
Message 3 of 3
Julie_7
in reply to: TrippyLighting

They do not help me at all. I have my own add-in that I am using. That I why I need to be able to choose what to export and not have it depend on visibility in the UI.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums