Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow cutting features to exist without error if they don't cut anything

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
amk741
78 Views, 2 Replies

Allow cutting features to exist without error if they don't cut anything

I have a dynamic box I am creating where the width / length are variable. I have a sweep around the perimeter to clean things up if the width / length is a fractional unit. If the width is a whole number, then the sweep has nothing to cut and thus shows a warning in the timeline. 

amk741_0-1708192722892.png

I've attached the project. If you go into params and change width from 7.5 to 8, you'll see the warning appear. 

The same would be desired for extrusions with 0 length. Sometimes I want an extrusion to be conditional based on a parameter. since there's no way to suppress conditionally, being able to set the value to 0 without warning would be great too. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhackney1972
in reply to: amk741

There is no parametric suppression ability, as far as I know,  but you do have the ability to suppress a feature if you are creating a Configuration table.  Configurations are only available in the Fusion Subscription license however.  I have heard rumors that suppression will be added to as a operand to If function in the future.

In the screen capture I am showing the clicks to add the suppression of an extrusion to a configuration table.

Feature Suppression in Configurations.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 3
amk741
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thanks for the response John. Unfortunately I don’t have premium I’m just a hobbyist. 

suppression would be a nice feature but I don’t think it would fit all my cases. On one hand I like to have a property whether or not to add something like a rim at the top. But another case is if the extrusion doesn’t actually cut anything based on the size the user chooses. In this case I’d rather just ignore the warning 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report