Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allerta character 3 extrusion failure

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
aeb20e
59 Views, 1 Reply

Allerta character 3 extrusion failure

Hi,

I am trying to cut out stenciled numbers and letters to make a periodic table wall art. 

I downloaded this stencil font I found, Allerta, none of the others looked normal. 

I am using a mac but my university has Windows I can use if that is the issue. 

I am able to sketch and extrude all of the other characters I have tried so far except for the number 3.

When I try, it gives me the error "cannot complete extrusion, object you are creating is not visible. Please toggle visibility in the browser."

I changed the 93 to 92 in the same font to see if it was just the spot that was the issue and that wasn't the issue. (see file)

I changed the 63 to a different font and it extruded just fine. The 103 is still in its original form.

Is this an error with the font or is this an error with Fusion?

Alternatively, if anyone has a stencil font that looks similar they know works in this case I would be willing to use it. 

The university has access to Adobe creative cloud.

File attached

Best regards,

Alex

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jhackney1972
in reply to: aeb20e

I use Stardos Stencil font.  It is a TTF font installed on a Windows 10 computer.  Below is a sample of it and yours, notice the text in Allerta Stencil will not Extrude.  Attached is a zip file of the Stardos Stencil font and the model I am showing.

Font Comparison.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report