Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Align and Align Component Tool Change makes more difficult and less intuitive workflow

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
zachmck
86 Views, 0 Replies

Align and Align Component Tool Change makes more difficult and less intuitive workflow

I am not exactly sure when this change happened, but I noticed it within the last couple months. When trying to align the position of 2 bodies in Fusion, normally I would select 2 faces, then right click and hit align to snap the parts together without the need for making a joint constrain.

zachmck_0-1686323966993.png

This is an especially handy tool in huge assemblies in order to make them workable in Fusion. However, instead of the 2 highlighted circles aligning like they used to, which took the current orientation of the part into account when alignments were made snapping them together top to bottom, Fusion now takes the origin alignment instead of the current alignment into account which results in the part flipping upside down and clipping into the other body. 

zachmck_1-1686324112722.png

I'm not sure if this was an intended change in Fusion, but if there is a solution to switch back to the old align tool, it would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Zach

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report