Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z retraction

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
INFO497EN
214 Views, 5 Replies

Z retraction

Hi i need to solve this problem

INFO497EN_0-1686825553370.png

i WANT to use 8 inch saw mill .5 inch weidth. with that coordination. I tried paraller 3d but with no sucess. any tips how to finish that pocket? best result i got was with ramp. lookis like this:

INFO497EN_1-1686825679529.png

but i hate this z retracts instead i want to just move rapid in y axis. anybody ? thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: INFO497EN

Could you share your Fusion file?

File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 6
INFO497EN

sure

Message 4 of 6
INFO497EN

I think its bad geometry selection but i can be wrong 🙂

Message 5 of 6
seth.madore

No, not necessarily. I've been poking away at this, but wasn't able to get much more than what you did. I would favor the 3D Contour toolpath, but even that one did not produce a large stay-down amount.

One caution to you, though; the feedrate at when transition moves are made is going to be lower than your machine rapid feedrate. When all is said and done, you may find that it would be more efficient to let it retract, rapid over and plunge back down..

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 6 of 6
INFO497EN

Can you show my anyway your 3D countour toolpath settings ?Is it possible to do it with parallel? that was my thought on that part. thannk you for your time 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report