Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WTF?!? body gone? but I can see it. all color codes lost

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
mikeNCNTL
317 Views, 12 Replies

WTF?!? body gone? but I can see it. all color codes lost

Not sure what you guys changed, but now my body is missing from the design tree and all the color codes are missing, however I can still see my model. CAM is angry because the body that was assigned to the setup is now missing? Opening any previous saved versions nets zero change. 

WTF? 

mikeNCNTL_0-1677700471925.png

mikeNCNTL_1-1677700509634.png

mikeNCNTL_2-1677700529924.png

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
ltomuta
in reply to: mikeNCNTL

Welcome To (the) Forum 🙂

Can you share the file?

Message 3 of 13
mikeNCNTL
in reply to: ltomuta

Well, Like most of my work, I have an NDA and am not supposed to be sharing these things. I am going to put money on the latest update buggered this thing all up. 

Here it is. When you export and then import, you get a body back, but the rest of the work is still lost. 

I have over 70+ additional models similar to this i need to manipulate, so I really hope it doesn't trash those too. 

Message 4 of 13
seth.madore

When I opened your file, it was in "Base Feature" modification:

2023-03-01_17h25_35.png

Was this intentional, or is it possible that this was accidentally saved in this state? If you don't exit Base Feature modification and go back to Manufacture, this is what we're greeted with (even after regeneration):

2023-03-01_17h27_22.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 13
seth.madore

However, finishing the Base Feature edit and going to MFG will give you this:

2023-03-01_17h28_34.png

Why? Well, I'm not 100% sure, but I suspect it's that it's now a different model as far as Fusion is concerned.  

Seth Madore
Message 6 of 13
mikeNCNTL
in reply to: seth.madore

Seth, 

I don't think I have ever been in this "base feature edit" mode before? I am not sure how that would effect previous saved work? If I even go back and open the 1st save from when I imported the step file. 

Do you know how I may be able to get my color coded surfaced back etc? 

Message 7 of 13
seth.madore

I'm not seeing anything in the model about color coding the surfaces, sorry. I don't think those are retrievable..

Was this a customer supplied step file with color coding attached to it? Could you share that STEP?

Seth Madore
Message 8 of 13
mikeNCNTL

Seth, 

Here is the original file. 

I had to remove the modeled jig-jacks and FCS work holding. 

Message 9 of 13
seth.madore

Well, I don't think there's going to be a way to bring that model in (with the coloring) AND retain your toolpaths..

Fortunately, it's a short task to apply colors to your model, sucks as it is though....

Seth Madore
Message 10 of 13
mikeNCNTL

That model is fairly simple. There are others in this package that have quite a lot of detail and color variation. 

I am not so much concerned with loosing the tool paths. I am more concerned I have 70+ more I need to modify, where I don't want to loose that information. 

Message 11 of 13
seth.madore

And you're certain that all are missing this info? Do they all present in the same manner? (Base Feature being edited when you don't even know how to do that)

Seth Madore
Message 12 of 13
mikeNCNTL

Seth, 

I went to modified as well as added some tool paths to another model, saved, exit, reopen and I did not have this problem again. 

Perhaps I got into the base feature edit mode on accident? other? I am not sure. 

Message 13 of 13
seth.madore

@mikeNCNTL wrote:

Perhaps I got into the base feature edit mode on accident? other? I am not sure. 

That's my suspicion. When you have time, check out your other files and see if they are all in good shape

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report