Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrap Pocketing Strategy Question

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
gatyo_gatev2
143 Views, 6 Replies

Wrap Pocketing Strategy Question

Hi everyone,

I was trying to learn the wrap pocketing operation but came to a situation I am not sure how to handle. Here's a link to the file and I am looking for a way to machine the highlighted pocket.

https://a360.co/40LOUT8

Cheers

gatyo_gatev1_0-1700556861958.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
seth.madore
in reply to: gatyo_gatev2

The main issue is that the Wrap function and 2D Pocket (or 2D Contour) don't cooperate with each other when it comes to 360 degree contour selections. As such, we need to do some model tweaking for the purposes of selection:

2023-11-21_09h36_09.png

In the image above, I've essentially changed the model into a 170 degree feature and used Pattern > Rotate (with 2X instances) to achieve this:

2023-11-21_09h37_46.png

I've attached the file for your review

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 7
gatyo_gatev2
in reply to: seth.madore

Thank you Seth!

I was supposing this workaround but was wondering whether I don't do something the right way to make it more straightforward 

Message 4 of 7
seth.madore

Nope, it was nothing you were doing wrong, it's just limitations of the Wrap function itself.

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 7
gatyo_gatev2

Out of curiosity - why when "Stock to Leave" check mark is unchecked there are errors in the toolpath although the values are currently at 0?
Also I tried other CAM software (I don't know if it's ok to name it here) that I used to work with before Fusion and the limitations of the wrap operation were very similar.

gatyo_gatev1_0-1700649029445.png

Message 6 of 7
seth.madore

I am not seeing any errors when Stock to Leave is turned off, can you describe what you're seeing?

Seth Madore
Message 7 of 7
gatyo_gatev2

Yesterday it was giving me an error with yellow exclamation mark. Today The toolpath generated after just ticking off the Stock to Leave box is this: https://a360.co/47tFgqY

gatyo_gatev1_0-1700754652134.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums