Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why uneven step downs in 2d contour?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jskinner58
119 Views, 3 Replies

Why uneven step downs in 2d contour?

Did the operation on the base on a partial contour (Contour1) and got even step downs.  Can't figure out why I am getting a couple smaller step downs on contour4.  Could just run it but would like to understand why it is doing that.  I have compared the two and don't see any differences.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
engineguy
in reply to: jskinner58

@jskinner58 

Differences I can see are that first one is using "open chain" for the selection and no "stock to leave", the second one has "closed chain" for the selection and it has 0.01" Axial "stock to leave" which would likely alter the distance between depth of cuts maybe ??

Using the same selections and settingss on both contours gets the same result on both, hope that helps a little 🙂

Message 3 of 4
jskinner58
in reply to: engineguy

The stock to leave is the issue.  I thought I had increased the depth of each pass slightly before and it still had the smaller steps but I just increased the passes to 0.130 which after several passes is more than the -0.01 stock to leave and now have even (or maybe nearly even - they look even) steps.  It must decrease the last two passes to avoid the last pass being almost no material removal.  Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
engineguy
in reply to: jskinner58

@jskinner58 

Have you tried using the "Even Stepdowns" option as in the image below, that should maybe get you what you are looking for.

Even stepdowns.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report