Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my stock didn't change when a different component is selected

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
302 Views, 5 Replies

Why my stock didn't change when a different component is selected

I am following the course on Fusion 360 CAM on linkedin learning using my education license Fusion 360. This is the model I am using:

maxning_2-1626644903900.png

I have finished setup the machining process on the bottom plate (I highlighted it on the first picture)

maxning_6-1626645224655.png

and trying to work on the side plates:

maxning_4-1626645069546.png

But when i click setup, the stock for this component is still the stock for the bottom plate:

maxning_7-1626645398591.png

Could anyone tell me what I have done wrong?

Tags (1)
Labels (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

You created a second setup for the side plate but you still have the first setup selected in the Browser, at least as far as I can tell from a picture.  When asking a question about a model, you need to attach it.  Open the model, go to The File menu, select Export and save to your hard drive, then attach it to a reply using the Attachments section.  Some can then take a closer look and advise you.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 6
seth.madore

The reason that the stock didn't change is that someone made a (poor) decision that people are going to likely want to use "From Preceding Setup" as stock definition. What you need to do is set it to "Relative (or Fixed)" size stock.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: seth.madore

Could you tell me where could I make the change?
Message 5 of 6
seth.madore

2021-07-20_11h28_34.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

RightClick on the setup, Click EDIT, stock is the second tab over from the left side (its a cube)

(Edit: Seth beat me to it)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report