Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is this shape not closed?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
traditional.builds
257 Views, 5 Replies

Why is this shape not closed?

This may be a simple mistake on my end, although I have checked and rechecked this file multiple times and cannot find a reason why the Europe/Asia shape cannot be extruded. It is acting like the shape is not closed. I created the file AutoCad and saved it as a .DXF file to be imported into Fusion360. 

This has happened before with other jobs, although I never really looked into it. Can anybody see why this shape is not closed? The shapes were solid when I created them, so there should not really be a reason why it is open.

I attached the F360 file as well as a screenshot to get the idea. Thank you in advance for taking a look at this.

MikeCapture1.JPG

Labels (6)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

For some reason the forums are not allowing files to be uploaded in the initial post anymore (?) so here is the file

Message 3 of 6

2021-08-17_12h18_59.png

2021-08-17_12h19_16.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: seth.madore

And here's a ScreenCast showing the quick and dirty method of checking:

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 6

Thank you so much for this. Any idea why the shape was acting like that? I see that there was a little mess of lines in that area, but even with that the shape is still technically closed, or no?

Message 6 of 6

I suppose it is, but it's certainly outside the scope of what I can answer to with any level of intelligence...

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report