Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did autodesk change feed and speeds option in drilling operationdo so you have to choose either feed pr rev or feed per mm

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
phAWJX8
280 Views, 6 Replies

Why did autodesk change feed and speeds option in drilling operationdo so you have to choose either feed pr rev or feed per mm

now you have to choose either feed pr rev or feed per mm

You had both option before, and it worked perfect?

Start making some real problems and missing feature change instead.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hzill
in reply to: phAWJX8

Noticed that today when I got on I like to put in the feed per rev but I like to see the feed it is going to go cause maybe I want to slow it down I don't want to have to wait till I post the code for it to tell me what the feed is going to be.

Message 3 of 7
phAWJX8
in reply to: hzill

Yes! exactly

Message 4 of 7
MarkusThuresson

Yeah, why change something that worked perfectly☹️. Previously you could just type in either feed per revulotion or feed per minute and the post handled the output of the preffered format to the machine. Now when you choose to type in feed per rev and post you also get a warning that the post can't handle feed per revulotion. It was perfect when you could type in feed per revulotion and the retract feed in feed per minute and the post simply posted feed per minute without complaining.

Message 5 of 7
seth.madore

copy/pasting from another thread on this:

Hi, thanks for bringing this to the forum!

I've passed this feedback onto the developers and we'll see what we can do to bring some of this visibility back

Why was it changed?  What we found in previous versions is that the feed per dev command did not actually work. You would input a FPR value and then we would convert that to a FPM value and post that out in the code. There were some hacked together posts that would get you the correct result but it was imperative for us to remove the workaround and put a proper solution in place.
This results in the either/or approach.
Is there any significance to previewing both? You’re typically using one or the other for cutting.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 6 of 7
phAWJX8
in reply to: seth.madore

Okay, and another thing, you chanced the 2D contour selection type, i think it's nice to see what you selected in a menu.

But now if you want to extend your conturs selctions, you have to write the value for ekstension every time you select a line. Why can't you just mark them all and say all lines needs to go 6 mm longer than selected?

Message 7 of 7
seth.madore

@phAWJX8 wrote:

Okay, and another thing, you chanced the 2D contour selection type, i think it's nice to see what you selected in a menu.

But now if you want to extend your conturs selctions, you have to write the value for ekstension every time you select a line. Why can't you just mark them all and say all lines needs to go 6 mm longer than selected?

For Geometry Features (the new method that you're referring to), this is only the first release of it. We have loads more improvements to it that are being worked on as we speak!

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report