Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I rough turn using a neutral tool? Or create a grooving tool that comes to a point?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
PatrickPowers-CGS
288 Views, 9 Replies

Why can't I rough turn using a neutral tool? Or create a grooving tool that comes to a point?

I want to use this tool to rough the webbing on this gear.

https://www.kennametalnovo.com/app/en/search/kennametal/productdetail/2036383/full 

Here is a screen shot of my part and tool path dialog.

screen shot.png

I get 

Error: Invalid tool angles.

Generation Failed

What am I doing wrong? Why is this so difficult?

Trying to export my file to attach but it's not cooperating. May need to attach it tomorrow mori

Labels (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

@PatrickPowers-CGS i see you're using the legacy profile strategy. have you tried using the profile roughing strategy?

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar
Software Development Manager
Message 3 of 10

yes

Message 4 of 10

i can take a look if you attach your .f3d file here with the profile roughing strategy.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar
Message 5 of 10

I'm still waiting for export to complete. I'll attach it in the morning.

Message 6 of 10

My file will not export. Can I direct message you a link to it??

Message 7 of 10

here is the export.

Message 8 of 10

Yep a full radius face groove tool will calculate your part but you can't groove with a turn tool and cant make a custom groove tool other than with a radius. Lathe needs work in these areas so bad and we have been asking forever.

Message 9 of 10

@PatrickPowers-CGS Thanks for the file. I have created a ticket to look into this. Meanwhile a workaround you could try is to create a sketch as shown and use it to override the model in the profile roughing toolpath.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar
Message 10 of 10

Working on a few parts similar to this. I really wish I could use a boring bar to clean up some of the outer inside faces but that's proving impossible with Fusion as well.😠

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums