Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are newly created tools automatically given Tool #1?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
programming2C78B
118 Views, 4 Replies

Why are newly created tools automatically given Tool #1?

Annoying! Is there a reason or formula I can change on this...IMO it should default to 0. 

programming2C78B_0-1697206638280.png

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

No, there is nothing you can do about that, sorry. Speaking in generalities, there are two camps of Fusion users; those who have all their tools prenumbered and leave them setup in their machines and Fusion libraries (static tool assignments) and those who start every job anew and load tools consecutively. It was decided that starting at #1 was the proper way to go, and I don't think there's any work being done to modify this behavior..

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5

I get that aspect of it, but I'm creating tools for my library, not inside a specific job. I want things to all start with 0 so they can take the next sequential spot in a job when they are actually being used. 

Message 4 of 5

Ah. It's an easy thing to fix, you can create all your tools, ignore the numbering and then select the entire library for renumber:

2023-10-17_07h23_19.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 5

I currently have over 120 milling tools in this library with some that truly do stay in the machine. Every once in a while I need to add a unique new tool and just find it annoying to have it become tool 1 (although I just did a dovetail cutter and it became tool 2? So this must be hardcoded somewhere)

Here's what stays in the carousel 

programming2C78B_0-1697543587117.png

edit: I just noticed that Tool 3 also snuck in there....see! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums