Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whenever I change the tolerance for a 3D Adaptive Toolpath, I get an error.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
georgemurchison
194 Views, 5 Replies

Whenever I change the tolerance for a 3D Adaptive Toolpath, I get an error.

By default the tolerance is set to .004" and when I change it to anything else I get this error.

This is only happening on a 3D adaptive. 2D adaptive, Pocket, and other toolpaths seem to respond fine to changing tolerances. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

georgemurchison_0-1691049485227.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Would you be able to share your Fusion file here or privately?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply. To share the file privately, it's the same process, but email it to me: seth DOT madore AT autodesk DOT com

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 6

Here's the file. It's a test file that includes the errored .001" tolerance 3D adaptive, a .004" tolerance adaptive with the same settings that has no error, and an equivalent 2d adaptive that is able to generate .001" tolerance with no error. 

Message 4 of 6

Hi, you should check Tolerance and Smoothing settings. The faulty section will be separated in red during the operation.

1.png

Message 5 of 6

Both sections appear fine, but I get the error regardless.

georgemurchison_0-1691051319118.png

Message 6 of 6

I've opened up CAM-47310 to investigate this. For now, just run it at .003" tolerance. As it's a roughing toolpath not designed for finishing, you're going to need to use a finishing toolpath anyways. Just make sure your Stock to Leave is greater than .003"

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report