Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is wrong with 2d Adaptive

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jscott6SWZG
131 Views, 3 Replies

What is wrong with 2d Adaptive

I like the 2d Adaptive tool path it helps my machine cut a lot faster.

Yesterday the toolpath worked fine, but i had too much step over, so i wanted to reduce by optimal load great...tool path generated fine....but I had a little too much air machining so I reduced the size of my closed chain a little bit.

Bam no tool path generated....so I went back to original size and no tool path, deleted tool path original size no tool path.....

please help?

Set 17 2d adaptive 9 

Never mind tried again and bingo generated?????

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jscott6SWZG
in reply to: jscott6SWZG

Oh great I finally fluked the lead in positions to where I wanted them (not sure how)...

So then I change tools from 1/2 flat end mill to 1/4 flat end mill....

Guess what lead in positions change.......Geez

Message 3 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: jscott6SWZG

Would you be able to share your Fusion file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 4
jscott6SWZG
in reply to: seth.madore

Thank you for responding.

I did a full redesign for a number of different reasons.   This was the first time I really considered designing to make the development of tool paths easier.

The big thing was removing places where a line ends where two surfaces blend together.

Bingo 2 D adaptive works well.

Thanks to your help and many others I finally have a machining work flow that  works great.   Fast, no machine overloading, more accuracy, easy to parametrically change design.

I seem to be a very slow learner.

btw i would post the file but it is back more than a few versions now and will be difficult to locate

again thank you much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums