Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is going on with this new curve selection thing...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jeff2HS8X
199 Views, 3 Replies

what is going on with this new curve selection thing...

autodesk completely complicated and ruined the way to select curves ..... it was fine how it was, why did they have to go and over complicate it? arent updated supposed to make things easier? nope, now we have way more clicks, great!  the only thing that seems like they had the right idea was to make it an option to change the extension lengths on individual curves. however, wouldnt it have been smart to leave the option to change all of them??? now we literally have to change each one if we want them all to extend?? does autodesk even ask everyday users of their opinion on this stuff before they roll it out?  i have heard multiple people suggest to make it an option to force the direction of a final pass to be climb or mill in a contour or pocket strategy (the fact this is even a thing we have to suggest is laughable) for nearly two years now and autodesk just obviously doesnt care.

im having an issue selecting two curves that i would have been able to do without any problem whatsoever on the old update, see the attached screenshot. I want to select these two curves using a pocket stratgey, its like anything within the "blue" area becomes completely unselectable for a second curve to be selected.... what a disaster...the other screenshot is showing how your view gets nearly completely obstructed now also when selecting curves.    

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: jeff2HS8X

Let's work thru these one at a time;

Yes, this is a disruptive change for some users, and it will take a bit of time to rebuild muscle memory.

However, it was a necessary change to provide a pathway for future development in many other areas.

We're aware of some of the limitations of the current implementation and are working on providing additional flexibility and improved user experience.

The idea that Autodesk doesn't even care is just blatantly false, plain and simple. The reality is that the developers and the product managers do very much care, but it's quite often a limitation of resources and priorities.

Now, on to your actual issue..

Are you trying to select only the area in between the posts, or are you trying to select the post for each part, as it's not clear in your image what your intent is

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
jeff2HS8X
in reply to: seth.madore

Seth, Yeah I got ya, I know saying they don't is just my frustration getting the best of me. However, I'm just saying that it seems like customer satisfaction isn't one of Autodesk's biggest priorities at times when it probably should be. Maybe it is, and again, it just a vibe I get. And maybe more resources should be directed towards it. for example, reaching out every now and then and asking users about their experience and if they have any suggestions or improvements that they could recommend. Most companies only reach out when they need their $$$ .   anyways, i am in the "capture" i am trying to select the one curve which is already selected and the curve across from it, so two single curves in total. it wont let me

Message 4 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: jeff2HS8X

We do have a panel of users who regularly provide us feedback on many areas of the software, for what it's worth.

For your selections, give this a try (I'm using the ALT key to select only specific edges)

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums