Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is causing this immediate "rapid collision with stock"?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
traditional.builds
671 Views, 4 Replies

What is causing this immediate "rapid collision with stock"?

I have worked this issue out every so often but can not figure out what causes it. I have been reading other forum  posts and I am seeing parts of the solution; thinking it is an issue with my heights. But to attempt to solve this for myself once and for all I made a simple test file to upload here.

Please know that this is a test model. About halfway through the toolpath I have setup there is collision with shaft/holder. I am aware of this, I am only trying to solve the "rapid collision with stock" that happens as soon as the machine touches the piece. Theoretically there is absolutely nothing that is "hitting" or "colliding" with the machine/stock, it is just throwing an error at me. I know there is a reason, I jus have not learned what causes this and how to fix it.

example 1.JPG

Any and all help would be awesome. I'm sure this has been answered many times before, but I wanted to upload my own example so I can try to see it better.

Thank you in advance,

Mike

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

@traditional.builds 

Ah, that will be because the stock has not been roughed out first so Fusion when trying to go to the start of the Contour toolpath will crash into the uncut stock, rough out with say a 3D Adaptive and then apart from the Holder collisions all will be well 🙂 🙂 🙂

Message 3 of 5

Thank you for the help. That does the trick, I just added a roughing operation first and that did the trick. Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
rustman1984
in reply to: engineguy

I am also having the collision issue. I am surfacing/ facing the stock before any model milling. I am then using 2D adaptive. I am using stock contours and selecting the bottom face of a pocket. I think that my plunge rates and everything are good. Thoughts on why this happens?

rustman1984_0-1688147077097.png

Message 5 of 5
engineguy
in reply to: rustman1984

@rustman1984 

Can you upload your Fusion f3d file for investigation, go to:-

File > Export > Select f3d Format > Save to a location on your computer > Then attach the file to yoyr reply using the Attachments facility below your reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report