Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to my fusion 360 post-processing?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
wusongxi820919
236 Views, 7 Replies

What happened to my fusion 360 post-processing?

I use fusion 360 for a 5-axis cam of an official routine,The ngc file was generated successfully,But the paths of the two different surfaces overlap,I feel that every design in fusion 360's path design step is non-continuous,I don't know if it's a design problem or a post-processing problem,Can someone give me some guidance?thanks。

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

IMG_20240113_142642.jpg

IMG_20240113_142645.jpg

IMG_20240113_142656.jpg

 This is the picture of the problem, I need help, thanks。

Message 3 of 8

What post processor are you using, and would you be able to share your Fusion file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 8

aa.jpg

I used the official Linux CNC post-processor downloaded from fusion 360, According to the tip to change the three-axis to five-axis only modified one place, other aspects did not make any changes.

Message 5 of 8

It appears that your simulator isn't recognizing that the C axis has in fact moved 90 degrees. We can look at the code and see that for the first shape, it's machined at:
N50 G0 A60. C0.

And for the second, it's machined at:
N35150 G0 A60. C90.

My backplotter gives me this:

2024-01-13_07h09_53.png

Seth Madore
Message 6 of 8

Are you using my post processor and 3D files to get NGC files? This is amazing! Can you upload a copy of your generated NGC file and I try it locally? Thanks.

Message 7 of 8

Yes, using your post, but it should be the same as what you were getting.

I did have to rename the file extension to .nc, so you'll have to name it back to ngc

Seth Madore
Message 8 of 8

Thank you very much, I compared it in detail, and it's really no different from my ngc, Should still be my Linux CNC emulator Settings and display problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums