Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WCS Selection - Body Feature and Stock

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ejg4020
189 Views, 6 Replies

WCS Selection - Body Feature and Stock

How can I select a WCS (0,0,0) that references a body feature (x,y) on the model and the top of the stock (z)? I know I can do this manually in the machine when I setup the part but that seems clunky. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
seth.madore
in reply to: ejg4020

You can use "Selected Point" and sketches or you can use Model Box Point and that will create a bounding box around your part

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 7
ejg4020

Model box point doesn't seem to do what you are describing. 

For the sketch method, I need to create a sketch in design mode offset from the part at the same height as my stock model position offset in manufacture mode? 

Message 4 of 7
seth.madore

Ah, I see what you're looking to do (had to reread your original post again).

Yes, if you're looking to reference both a model feature and theoretical top of stock, you would need to make an offset plane, create a sketch, project a point to that new sketch and then select that point in your Setup.

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 7
ejg4020

IS there a way to reference that Z offset height dimension back in the model space? That way if I change the Z offset it updates that reference plane? 

Message 6 of 7
seth.madore

No, Design parameters are not accessible in the MFG space. Thinking about it some more, it sounds to me that you might just want to model a block as your stock and then select "From Solid".

Seth Madore
Message 7 of 7
ejg4020

That is what I ended up doing! I appreciate the help. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report