Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User default settings dosen't update between multiple computers

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
maxSE6ML
103 Views, 3 Replies

User default settings dosen't update between multiple computers

Hi

I regularly work in fusion 360 cam and often switch between two different computers to work from.
Of course, I use the same account on both computers.

issue:
When I change a parameter in an operation and press "save as user default".
When I log out of the computer, then log in to my other computer.
Fusion does not seem to update my "default settings" on the new computer, despite the fact that I am logged in with the same account. It is very frustrating not being able to trust fusion that the default settings always is the same.

Sometimes I also find that all default settings are reset on both computers to system default settings. I think this happens when fusion updates.

Is there any solution to these problems?

Best regards

Max Bursell

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
programming2C78B
in reply to: maxSE6ML

under Manufacture; 
2024-01-08-Autodesk Fusion 360.png

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 3 of 4
maxSE6ML
in reply to: programming2C78B

I would wish this happened automatically via the cloud. but okay 😕

Message 4 of 4
jeff.pek
in reply to: maxSE6ML

It should happen automatically, and be shared with your other machines via the Cloud -- same way as for other preferences.

There is a known problem today, though, with this. When you save defaults -- either for a paremeter or for a whole operation -- it doesn't immediately update the file that holds these settings. So if you shut down too quickly, it may not remember them. You can try to kick this by setting some other preference setting -- e.g., others in Manufacture -- then go back and change it back to its previous setting.

This should cause the file to be properly updated.

Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report