Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Default Doesn't Save

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
jakevVAU56
195 Views, 8 Replies

User Default Doesn't Save

Since the last update all of my presets that I had saved in every toolpath has changed to factory defaults. When I right click the 3 dots and hit save as user default it doesn't save it. This is most frustrating as it has affected my efficiency and takes more time to change it every time. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jakevVAU56
in reply to: jakevVAU56

Anyone on this? Or is it just me?

Message 3 of 9
jonathanBUCVS

This has been an ongoing issue for a long time. I'm not sure if they ever solved it, and something else is going on, but its not just you. 

Message 4 of 9
timQ75BU

Not sure how this isn't a MAJOR issue! I've spent hours setting my own defaults and now I have to set them again. Once I tried exporting them and reimporting my user defaults. It did not work at all. Everything was screwy. PLEASE FIX!!!

Message 5 of 9
seth.madore
in reply to: timQ75BU

@timQ75BU the big problem is this; it doesn't happen to everyone, nor does it happen to those same people each time. Thus, it's one of those bugs that can't be reproduced and/or tracked down and fixed...

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 6 of 9
jakevVAU56

Well its happened to me every time. I can easily reproduce it if you would like. 

Message 7 of 9
seth.madore

@jakevVAU56 that would be helpful!

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 8 of 9
timQ75BU
in reply to: seth.madore

Sounds tricky. I have tried in the past to export my user defaults and then reimport them but that had many unexpected results, and only made mine more out of whack.
Message 9 of 9
jeff.pek

It would be interesting to try a basic experiment with just one of these settings, to see what may be happening.

The user defaults are saved alongside other preference-related information, first in a local file called "NGlobalOptions.xml", which is subsequently synched to the Cloud for storage.

On Windows, you can find this file in %appdata%\Autodesk\Neutron Platform\Options\<userid>.

If you open this file in a text editor, you should see a section labeled "CAMParameterDefaults", which is the section where saved defaults are stored. Within this section, there would be some data for each type of operation for which you've overridden any defaults. For example, I just saved a parameter default for the "face" operation. This looks like this in my NGlobalOptions.xml file:

<face UserName="face" Value="&lt;Parameters>&lt;Parameter expression=&quot;13 mm&quot; name=&quot;clearanceHeight_offset&quot;/>&lt;/Parameters>"/>

It may take a couple of minutes for the file to be updated after making the change. It may also take some time for the file to be uploaded to the Cloud.

There should be information about this activity in your diagnostic log files, to give some visibility in this process.

Can you see if this file does indeed get updated within a couple of minutes (or so) of saving a new default? Do you see what you expect in the file?

If not, or if you do, but the value is reset at startup, it might be useful to see your diagnostic logs.

Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums