Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use bullnose to leave curved fillet at bottom of pocket

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
thinicenewday
126 Views, 3 Replies

Use bullnose to leave curved fillet at bottom of pocket

I would like to leave a curved filet on the bottom contour of a pocket with a 3/8 bullnose end mill. The remainder of the pocket would be milled out by 3/8 end mill. I am using a counter operation followed by a 2d pocket with a flat bottom endmill. The second operation clears the bullnose operation. How can you offset the pocket operation to clear the remainder of the 2d pocket and not remove the fillet?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Axial stock to leave and radial stock to leave should work for you but can you share your file?

Message 3 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: thinicenewday

yes, what @Warmingup1953 asks, please share your file here.

To share your file:
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/f3z file in your reply

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 4
thinicenewday
in reply to: seth.madore

I was trying those two parameters but was getting an about the z axis height. I figured out now I believe that was because of how shallow the pocket it is. If I set Axial stock to leave to 0 and Radial stock to leave to half of by bullnose end mill diameter, it works as intended. 

I've attached an example file with it fixed. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report