Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted C-axis movement in mulit-axis toolpath

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
harvey_vanloon
158 Views, 2 Replies

Unwanted C-axis movement in mulit-axis toolpath

Hi! 

I am trying to get a good multi-axis toolpath for a mold on a 5-axis head head machine. I'm happy with the toolpath but the C-axis rotates everytime the tool is vertical (see attached video). is there any way i can restrict the movements of the C-axis? i just want the B-axis to swivel back and forth to avoid getting artifacts in the surface of the mould. The operation that I used is Parallel with multiaxis enabled, tool axis is set to "from curve"  with a sketched straight line above the workpiece.  I attached the Fusion file and a video of the simulation.

Hopefully someone can help me out. 

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

You are getting what is called a Singularity where when the tool axis is inline with the Caxis there are infinite solutions to the C axis position.

How to Fix this in Fusion I am not sure though.

There are settings in the Machine configuration that should allow for adjustment of singularities but they don't seem to have any effect in this case:

singularities.png

an option for a toolpath that would avoid those singularities is the Flow(Preview) toolpath with the additional multiaxis options turned on also in Preview:

flowy.png

This toolpath can machine along the channel rather than across but still use the from curve multi axis mode, see what you think.

Message 3 of 3

Thanks! Your explanation makes sense, sad there is no foolproof way to control the axis movements when these singularities occur. Thanks for your suggestion, i will try to play a little more with the settings you showed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums